Met Consultancy Group offers an integrated Assessment, Investigation and Design service delivered by a team of more than 60 qualified surveyors and engineers with over 35 years’ experience.
We work nationally with public and private sector clients to provide accurate data and effective design solutions alongside assistance and advice for compliance and efficiency for any project you are undertaking. We call this Met AID.
Assessment: Information Gathering
- We undertake desktop and field assessments to deliver accurate information about your site, be that a greenfield or brownfield site, urban redevelopment or infrastructure.
- Our integrated approach means we can undertake desktop studies for a wide range of elements from archaeological and structural assessments to drainage feasibility and flood risk assessments.
Investigation: Understanding Problems
- We use appropriate methodologies and techniques to investigate each site individually.
- Depending on your requirements, Met offers surveys, tests and characterisations as individual project components or we can provide an integrated approach. This could include land & building surveys, non-intrusive or intrusive investigations such as archaeological geophysics, void location, trial pits, soils testing and monitoring.
Design: Finding Solutions
- Our civil and structural consulting engineers develop design solutions based on information gathered through the Assessment and Investigation stages.
- Each part of the design process can be provided as a stand alone service ie drainage, roads, foundations, structures or packaged into a broader service solution.
- By working with the survey and geophysics team we can bring improved communication, joined-up thinking and diverse experience to AID each project.
Met AID Benefits
- Diverse in-house expertise
- Quality Focussed
- Improved communication
- Joined up thinking
- UK-wide coverage
- Tailored service
- Strength in depth (60+ employees)
Professional Accreditation, Compliance & Confidence
All our work is conducted to the highest professional standards as required by our membership of surveying and civil engineering industry bodies.
Met Consultancy Group maintains its market leading expertise through a policy of continuous investment in latest technology and training and maintains a clear commitment to health and safety and protection of the environment. Group accreditations include:
Surveys and engineering designs are carried out in accordance with British and European Standards and Industry guidelines.
We regularly update our Integrated Management System Policy Statement and carry Employers, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance to meet the risk level of your project.
Met Consultancy directors are represented at senior level and work with industry bodies to promote best practice and contribute specialist research and consultancy to the development of new industry standards, specifications, technologies and techniques.
These include the development of PAS128 ‘Specification for underground utility detection, verification and location’, in conjunction with the British Standards Institute and Institute of Civil Engineers, and towards which we offer clients an enhanced level of related knowledge and services.