Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent full-time
Salary: Negotiable from £36k upwards
Leeds based integrated surveying and engineering firm, Met Consultancy Group, is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Structural Engineer for the above full-time position. We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate looking to further their career in the structural engineering industry.
The successful candidate will be chartered or nearing chartership with over 5 years’ experience in a structural engineering consultancy. You will have solid experience in general structural engineering with a demonstrable familiarity in Steel, Concrete, Masonry & Timber design to both British Standards & Eurocodes for the purpose of foundation and superstructure design.
Essential experience required in designing and detailing:
- Foundations (Rafts, Piled, Pad and Strips),
- Steelwork (Individual Members, Steel Frames & Portal Frames),
- Concrete Retaining Walls,
- Below Ground Tanks,
- Water Retaining Structures,
- Buildings Masonry (Panel Design, Piers, Retaining Walls, Columns),
- Timbers (Joists, Rafters, Columns, Racking Walls).
A working knowledge of design software such as Tekla Building Designer, Masterseries & Tedds together with AutoCAD will be of advantage.
You will be expected to:
- Prepare your own drawing works using AutoCAD in conjunction with Tekla or Masterseries.
- Be familiar and competent in writing technical reports, risk assessments, specifications and letters.
- Will have experience of monitoring on going site works including checking foundation excavation depths for confirming competent ground, checking reinforcement placement and all other aspects included within our design works such as gathering field data for use within technical reports.
- Be experienced in attending client and design team meetings and confident to represent the company’s best interests as necessary, whilst ensuring the client’s needs are met.
Benefits packageInstitution Subscriptions Paid
- Workplace Pension scheme
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- MEng or BEng degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or similar
Chartership or nearing chartership with a large proportion of their Initial Professional Development (IPD) completed.
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in structural engineering.
- Consideration may be given to a qualified structural engineering technician with 10 years working in the industry and proven track record.
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in civil engineering, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to email@example.com.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities