Location: Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but travelling for projects throughout the UK
Job type: Permanent full-time / part-time
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 Competitive Dependant on Experience
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated individual? Do you have a desire to further your career in the Utility Mapping industry? Then look no further this may be the position for you!
We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
We are looking for trainees to work as part of a site team of two or three people predominantly working on projects throughout Yorkshire and the M62 corridor but there will also be a requirement to work UK-wide.
The successful candidate will learn how to use:
- GPS and Total Stations
- AutoCAD and processing software
- Electromagnetic Location equipment
- Ground Penetrating Radar
The role involves learning how to:
- Work safely on a range of sites including domestic, commercial and industrial.
- Carry out utility surveys, including working to PAS128 specification.
- Working in a field-based team undertaking utility and geophysical surveys
- Use electromagnetic detection and ground-penetrating radar to find buried features
- Processing data and preparing AutoCAD drawings and reports for clients.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Keen and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn from senior surveyors.
- Enjoy working outdoors as the majority of early training will be spent on live sites.
- Able to work as part of a team, developing the knowledge and ability to be given the responsibility to carry out surveys under supervision.
- Understand the importance of producing high-quality, accurate drawings within tight timelines.
- Expected to learn and respect our health and safety procedures, quality & environmental management systems.
- Able to work around the UK with overnight stays on occasion.
- Have some flexibility with regard to working hours.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 A Levels or equivalent
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in utility mapping.
- You will need to be UK resident or with the right to work/stay with relevant permits/visas to live and work in the UK with good written and spoken English.
- You will have a full UK or European driving licence.
- Enrolment to Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme where appropriate,
- ICES membership fees paid,
- QCF Level 3 & 4 training to certify you in Utility Mapping
- NRSWA, Confined Space training or recertification where appropriate.
- On the job training in Software, Hardware, Survey techniques, Health and Safety,
- First Aid Training
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in utility surveying, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline.
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.