Location: Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but travelling for projects throughout the UK
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Negotiable from £26k upwards
Leeds based integrated surveying, geophysics, utility mapping and engineering firm, Met Consultancy Group, is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Lead Utility Surveyor for the above full-time position. We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate looking to further their career in the Utility Mapping industry.
We are looking for an experienced team leader to undertake site work as part of a team of two or three working on projects throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will have essential experience using:
- GPS and Total Stations
- AutoCAD and geophysics processing software,
- Electromagnetic Location equipment,
- Ground Penetrating radar,
You will be expected to:
- Undertake utility surveys, including working to PAS128 specifications,
- Lead a field team, including planning of resource, field, environmental, health and safety processes and procedures,
- Supervise your team to ensure surveys follow methodology and are completed to provide a quality product for clients.
- Process data, evaluate data, and prepare drawings and reports for clients.
- Enrolment to Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme where appropriate,
- ICES membership fees paid,
- QCF Level 3, 4 & 5 training to certify you in Utility Mapping
• NRSWA, Confined Space training or recertification where appropriate.
- On the job training in Software, Hardware, Survey techniques, Health and Safety,
- First Aid Training
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 GCE’s or equivalent including Maths and English to level C or above,
- QCF level 3 or 4 would be preferable,
- 5 years experience working in a similar role with evidence of GPR and EML competence..
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in utility mapping.
- You will need to be UK resident or with the right to work/stay with relevant permits/visas to live and work in the UK with good written and spoken English.
- You will have a full UK or European driving license.
- You will already hold a CSCS card.
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in Utility Mapping, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities