Location: Predominantly based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but travelling for projects throughout the UK on occasion.
Met Consultancy Group is a Leeds based integrated surveying, geophysics, utility mapping and engineering consultancy. We are looking to recruit an experienced 3D Modeller to enhance our current staffing of 60 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate looking to further their career in the Survey/GIS industry.
Job type: Permanent, full-time.
Salary: £30k (negotiable based on experience)
- Enrolment to Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme or other, relevant professional scheme, where appropriate.
- ICES or other relevant Institution/Professional membership fees paid.
- First Aid Training.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Child Care Voucher contributions.
- Health Care Package.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Although the role is predominantly office based, there is potential to work on laser scanning projects throughout the UK. The main aspect of this role will be to undertake as-built Revit modelling projects and production of drawings on pointcloud/CAD related projects.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have significant experience in most or all of the following:
- Modelling architectural features in Revit Architecture; additional experience of Structural and MEP modelling an advantage
- Production of drawings and 3D models within an AutoCAD environment or similar.
- Laser Scanning and pointcloud processing.
Other than the experience and skills listed above, the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths, Sciences and English to level 6 (grade B) or above, preferably with Science A Levels or equivalent. Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject.
- Good knowledge of building construction and terminology.
- Ability to problem solve and research solutions to problems.
- Experience of liaising with clients to discuss specifications and project details.
- Able to take direction/instructions, understand complex tasks and have a very high attention to detail.
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career.
- You will need to be UK resident or with the right to work/stay with relevant permits/visas to live and work in the UK with good written and spoken English.
- You will have a full UK or European driving licence.
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in surveying and 3D modelling, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.