Stax Trade Centre
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Investigation
- Contamination Testing & Monitoring
- Topographical Survey
Client: J Pullan & Sons Ltd, Pullan Construction Ltd
Project: Retail Development
Contract Value: £3.5 million
Met provided survey, geophysics & engineering solution for the Stax Trade Centre development. A 78,000 sq ft warehouse with service yard and parking.
Stax relocated their Leeds business centre to the Howley Park Trading Estate, Morley. Having built a strong working relationship over many years with the estate owners (J. Pullan & Sons Limited), Met Consultancy Group (Met) were recommended and appointed as civil and structural engineers on the development.
Met provided a comprehensive range of services for the development, a 78,000 sq ft warehouse with service yard and parking for 320 vehicles. This included:
- A comprehensive geotechnical/contamination investigation of the site, identifying the exact ground conditions for foundation design and determining whether contamination had been left as a result of previous site uses.
- Preparing tender documentation for a Design and Build contract
- Being Novated to the successful contractor to complete the design and detailing of the civil and structural engineering works.
The Parking and Service Areas were built using a combination of traditional concrete and tarmac construction, whilst the internal floor slab was cast using fibre-reinforced concrete, adopting “large bay” pours, with joints cut-in afterwards.
Topographical surveys were prepared, and created a 3D model of the site which set the optimum and most cost-effective site/floor levels. It also calculated the volumes of material involved in the cut-and-fill exercise that was necessary to profile such a large site.