Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire. This role requires regular travel throughout the UK
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Minimum relevant experience required: 5+ years in a relevant role
- 5 GCSEs inc Maths / English at “C” minimum
- QCF 3/5 in Utility Mapping Desirable
- Evidence of competence in GPR and EML
- Good written and spoken English is essential.
- A full driving licence is essential.
- CSCS card held
Met Consultancy Group has a vacancy for a Lead Utility Surveyor to join our growing Geophysics team. The role involves undertaking utility surveys, data processing and preparing AutoCAD drawings.
The level of the role will be dependent on candidates experience.
The position involves travel around the UK with overnight stays. The candidate will need to be flexible with regard to working hours (e.g. railway surveys carried out at night or weekends) with overtime pay or time in-lieu being credited.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will have knowledge of total stations, GPS, AutoCAD, Electromagnetic Location equipment and/or Ground Penetrating Radar, preferably gained in a similar role.
You will have experience in producing high quality, accurate data within tight timelines.
You will also be expected to have a good understanding of quality, environmental and health and safety issues and general procedures. This includes basic experience of compiling method statements, risk assessments and knowledge of lone working procedures.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Undertaking utility surveys, including working to PAS128 specification
- Leading a survey team in the field
- Data processing and evaluation
- Preparation of AutoCAD drawings for client reports
- Preparing Utility reports
Why work for Met:
Met Consultancy Group are committed to ensuring their employees receive excellent training and personal development opportunities to enable them to develop a career within our industry. If you share this ambition we will help you achieve it through:
- Your enrolment on a Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors Approved Development Scheme to accelerate your progression to technical professional membership, with a dedicated Mentor and Supervisor to help you
- QCF Level 3 & 5 training to certify you in Utility Mapping
- Ongoing training in utility mapping techniques and other inspection technologies
- Software training in various GPR and Survey data processing packages, such as Object mapper and Reflex, LSS and MAGNET field tools
- Training in Topographical survey methods
- NRSWA, Confined Spaces, First Aid and site/industry specific Health & Safety training
- Quality Assurance feedback on your projects
In addition to this, we offer other benefits such as:
- Full PPE provided
- Travel and overnight expenses paid upfront
- Workplace pension scheme
- Child Care voucher contributions
- Overtime pay
- Time in-lieu for evening and weekend work
- Work for high profile clients throughout the UK
- Company vehicles provided for travel to site
To apply, send your full CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
About the company
Met Consultancy Group comprises of Met Geo Environmental Ltd and Met Engineers Ltd. With over 25 years experience in the industry, we have a reputation for providing high quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004 for the group integrated Environmental and Quality Management System (EQMS) and are Link-up v2 compliant and CHAS approved.
Met Consultancy Group companies are Equal Opportunities and Diversity Employers. Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.