Location: Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but travelling for projects throughout the UK
Job type: Permanent full-time
Salary: £20,000-24,000 Competitive Dependant on Experience
We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
Met Consultancy Group is looking for Graduates with a desire to enter the Geospatial professions. You would be part of site teams predominantly working on projects throughout Yorkshire and the M62 corridor but there will also be a requirement to work UK wide.
The role involves learning how to:
- Undertake topographic and measured building surveys.
- Use of survey equipment, including total stations, GNSS receivers and 3D HD laser scanners.
- Process and produce CAD plans using survey processing software and AutoCAD.
- Work safely on a range of sites including domestic, commercial and industrial.
- Opportunities to progress into monitoring, setting out and 3D modelling projects.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Keen and enthusiastic and enjoy working in the outdoor environment.
- Have knowledge of installing and observing control networks and understand good practice to ensure accuracy is maintained
- Experienced in the use survey equipment, such as Leica total stations and laser scanners
- Have knowledge of survey processing software, such as LSS & Cyclone and CAD packages, such as AutoCAD
- Motivated to assist in the production of high-quality, accurate data within tight timelines. Initially, you will work as part of a team, gradually as your knowledge and ability increase being given the responsibility to carry out surveys under supervision. Able to work around the UK with overnight stays.
- Expected to pay attention to and respect our health and safety procedures, quality & environmental management systems. This includes basic experience of compiling method statements, risk assessments and knowledge of lone working procedures.
- Flexible with regard to working hours.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree, preferably within a geospatial discipline but this is not essential providing there is a willingness to learn the survey disciplines.
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in surveying and its associated disciplines.
- Right to work/stay with relevant permits & visas to live and work in the UK
- Good written and spoken English.
- A full UK valid driving licence.
- Enrolment to Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme where appropriate,
- ICES membership fees paid,
- QCF Level 3 & 4 training to certify you in Utility Mapping
- NRSWA, Confined Space training or recertification where appropriate.
- On the job training in Software, Hardware, Survey techniques, Health and Safety,
- First Aid Training
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enrolment on an employee discounts and rewards scheme
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in utility surveying, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to email@example.com.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline.
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.