Location: Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but travelling for projects throughout the UK
Job type: Permanent full-time
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 Competitive Dependant on Experience
We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
We are looking for trainee Assistant Surveyors to work as part of a site team of two or more people working on projects predominantly within the Yorkshire region but with the opportunity to travel throughout the UK.
The role involves learning how to:
- Assist and undertake site surveys to produce land and building plans
- Use survey equipment, including GPS receivers, digital total stations and 3D laser scanners
- Work on a range of sites including domestic, commercial and industrial
- Work safely on a range of sites
- How to process and prepare digital drawings using survey software and AutoCAD
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Keen and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn from senior surveyors.
- Enjoy working outdoors as the majority of early training will be spent on live sites.
- Able to work as part of a team, developing the knowledge and ability to be given the responsibility to carry out surveys under supervision.
- Understand the importance of producing high-quality, accurate drawings within tight timelines.
- Expected to learn and respect our health and safety procedures, quality & environmental management systems.
- Able to work around the UK with overnight stays on occasion.
- Have some flexibility with regard to working hours.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 GCE’s or equivalent including Maths and English to Grade 4 or above.
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in surveying.
- Right to work/stay with relevant permits & visas to live and work in the UK
- Good written and spoken English
- A full UK valid driving licence would be extremely beneficial.
Knowledge of survey equipment, AutoCAD, Cyclone, MBS and LSS (or similar) would be helpful to your application but is not necessary as full training will be given.
- Enrolment to Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme where appropriate,
- ICES membership fees paid,
- QCF Level 3 & 4 training to certify you in Utility Mapping
- NRSWA, Confined Space training or recertification where appropriate.
- On the job training in Software, Hardware, Survey techniques, Health and Safety,
- First Aid Training
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enrolment on an employee discounts and rewards scheme
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in utility surveying, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to email@example.com.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline.
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.