Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Minimum experience required: 7 years in a relevant role
- MICE preferable
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
- Good written and spoken English is essential
- A full driving licence is essential
Met’s engineering department requires a Senior Civil Engineer to take the lead on a number of new projects. The role includes day to day project management of schemes including Flood Risk Assessment, Highways and Drainage design. The post holder will be responsible for understanding project and client requirements, managing team input and liaising with clients to keep them informed of progress.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of building regulations, Water and Highway Authority approval processes and stay up to date with developments in Flood Risk Assessment.
Knowledge and experience
The right candidate will have significant experience in the preparation of Flood Risk Assessments for a variety of public and private sector clients. You will be experienced in putting Highway and Drainage design principles into practice, using AutoCAD to generate technical drawings and plans for use in schemes including housing developments, commercial projects and public sector proposals.
You will be proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D or Revit, as well as Microsoft Office. You will also have experience and an understanding of WinDES Microdrainage/Infoworks.
The post holder will be directly responsible for:
- Liaising with clients to understand project requirements before preparing quotations and tender documentation
- Day to day project management, including resolving issues, updating clients on progress and managing team input from Assistant/Graduate Engineers.
- Generation of Technical Drawings using AutoCAD
- Inspection of construction works
- Gathering on site information for the production of reports (Trial Pits/Appraisals/Levelling/Traffic etc.)
- Ensuring that all drawing work is checked to QA standard and issued to the client before/on the required issue date
- Time management of Assistant/Graduate Engineers within the team
- Ensuring that work is issued with all appropriate documentation to the correct parties
Why work for Met:
- Workplace pension scheme
- First Aid and site specific Health & Safety training
- Full PPE provided
- Child Care voucher contributions
- Overtime pay
- Time in-lieu for evening and weekend work
- Work for high profile clients throughout the UK
- Company vehicles provided for travel to site
To apply, send your full CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the company
Met Consultancy Group comprises of Met Engineers Ltd and Met Geo Environmental Ltd. With over 40 years experience in the industry, we have a reputation for providing high quality survey, geophysics and engineering solutions to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004 for the group integrated Environmental and Quality Management System (EQMS) and are Link-up v2 compliant and CHAS approved.
Met Consultancy Group companies are Equal Opportunities and Diversity Employers. Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.