Location: Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but travelling for projects throughout the UK
Job type: Permanent full-time
Salary: Negotiable from £30k upwards
Leeds based integrated surveying, geophysics, utility mapping and engineering firm, Met Consultancy Group, is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced geophysicist for the above full-time position. We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate looking to further their career in the Geophysics/Utility Mapping industry.
We are looking for a dedicated and capable professional to work as part of our team managing projects.
The role involves liaising with clients, producing quotes and tenders, setting up of projects, designing survey strategies, overseeing teams undertaking data collection, processing, and interpreting data and producing reports. The Project Manager will be responsible to the department Director.
The successful candidate will have proven competence and have experience in:
- A wide range of near surface geophysical techniques
- Applying geophysics and managing projects
- Supervising survey teams in the field and office
- Training staff in a range of geophysical methods
- Geophysical data processing and interpretation,
- Production of reports and drawings, using AutoCAD and a range of other software
- Preparing tenders and quotes
- Preparing risk assessments and method statements.
You will be expected to:
- Liaise with clients
- Manage teams and projects
- Prepare and review relevant documentation, drawings and reports
- Brief and supervise field and office team,
- Undertake site and office work, implementing correct and relevant procedures and processes, ensuring Health and Safety are paramount
- Coach and train staff
- Assist in marketing and development of the Geophysics Department,
- Presenting at seminars, conferences and to clients.
- ICES or other relevant Institution membership fees paid,
- NRSWA, Confined Space training or recertification where appropriate.
- First Aid and Health and Safety Training,
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- A Masters degree in Geophysics or related subject
- Relevant commercial experience at a similar level
- A Publication record (or significant number of grey literature)
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of geophysical survey techniques and methods including GPR/ERT/EM and Seismics
- Knowledge and experience preparing Health and safety documents and supervising others in the implementation of these
- Need to be UK resident or with the right to work/stay with relevant permits/visas to live and work in the UK with good written and spoken English.
- Have a full UK or European driving licence.
You will be:
- Adept at data processing and interpretation
- An experienced report writer
- Able to prepare tender documents and quotes
- Able to work independently and solve problems without resort to guidance
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and general public
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in civil Geophysics, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities