Location: Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but travelling for projects throughout the UK
Job type: Permanent full-time
Salary: Negotiable from £27k upwards
Leeds based integrated surveying, geophysics, utility mapping and engineering firm, Met Consultancy Group, is looking to recruit an enthusiastic geophysicist for the above full-time position. We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate looking to further their career in the Geophysics/Utility Mapping industry.
We are looking for a dedicated professional to work as part of our team delivering projects.
The work is generally on sites throughout the UK and at our Leeds office. The role involves assisting in the setting up of a project, overseeing data collection, processing and interpreting data and producing reports. The Project Geophysicist will be responsible for the design and implementation of survey strategies, under the supervision of a member of our senior management team, and will assist the management team in producing tenders, quotes, marketing and health and safety material as and when required.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- A wide range of geophysical techniques
- Applying geophysics in the commercial sector,
- Leading survey teams in the field,
- Undertaking and supervising, data processing and interpretation,
- Production of reports and drawings, in particular using AutoCAD,
- Preparing tenders and quotes,
- Preparing Risk Assessments and Method Statements
You will be expected to:
- Liaise with clients,
- Manage teams and projects,
- Prepare and review relevant documentation, drawings and reports,
• Brief and supervise field and office teams,
- Undertake site and office work, implementing correct and relevant procedures and processes, including Health and Safety
- Oversee equipment maintenance and stock taking.
- Coach and train staff
- ICES (or similar appropriate professional institution) membership fees paid,
- NRSWA, Confined Space training or recertification where appropriate.
- On the job training in Software, Hardware, Survey techniques,
- First Aid and Health and Safety Training,
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- A Degree or Masters in Geophysics or related OR Degree
- Familiarity with wide range of geophysical survey techniques
- Experience in data processing, interpretation, and reporting
- Leadership experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and general public
- Ability to work independently and solve problems without resort to guidance
- You will need to be UK resident or with the right to work/stay with relevant permits/visas to live and work in the UK with good written and spoken English.
- You will have a full UK or European driving licence.
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in civil engineering, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities