We are looking for an experienced Principal or Associate Director Geo-environmental Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Leeds. You will have post graduate experience in Geo-environmental and Geotechnical consulting including management and delivery of high-quality consultancy services, reporting, technical and financial management of projects and excellent communication skills.
To be successful in your application you must demonstrate:
Day to day running of individual projects
- A strong academic background in a relevant subject e.g., Engineering Geology/Environmental Engineering with an in depth understanding of the geo-environmental, land contamination and remediation aspects of development projects
- Working towards chartership/achieved chartership with a relevant professional body
- Experience in planning and carrying out Geo-environmental and Geotechnical Site Investigations, completing and reviewing factual and interpretative Preliminary Risk Assessments (Phase 1 and Phase 2) and Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments (DQRA), Phase 3 Remediation Statements, Phase 4 Validation Reports, Coal Mining Risk Assessments and Ground Gas Risk Assessments etc.
- Experience in making Geotechnical recommendations including general foundation recommendations for proposed developments.
- Working knowledge of methodologies for quantitative risk assessment including GQRA and DQRA using CLEA
- A good understanding of contaminated land regulatory and legislative framework including knowledge of current and emerging environmental legislation
- Ability to log samples using the descriptions contained within BS EN ISO 14688-1&2: 2018, BS EN ISO 14689: 2018 and BS:5930:2015+A1:2020
- Ability to design the nature and scope of site investigation works, tailored to site specific requirements
- Experience in business development and tendering/ quoting for works
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills
- Project management experience
- Technical leadership and line management of junior staff
- Experience in liaison and engagement with sub-contractors, clients and regulators
- Computer literacy and experience with standard MS Office including MS Word and MS Excel and working knowledge of CAD and Holebase
Conditions of Employment
- Full-time position based in our Leeds office
- 40 hours per week
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Additional holidays accrued over years of service.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Must have a full, clean driving licence
- Company car or car allowance available
- Membership of a relevant professional body including payment for one professional subscription per year
- Training and development activities, subject to you and your development needs
- Health care cash plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the benefits scheme including retailer discounts
- Salary negotiable, dependent on experience
- Salary package negotiable
Should you have wish to become part of our team of Geo-environmental Engineers, please send your CV to email@example.com
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys, geophysics and engineering solutions to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004 for the group integrated Environmental and Quality Management System (EQMS) and are Link-up v2 compliant and CHAS approved.
Met Consultancy Group companies are Equal Opportunities and Diversity Employers. Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.