Location: Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but travelling for projects throughout the UK
Job type: Permanent full-time
Salary: £20k (negotiable based on experience)
Leeds based integrated surveying, geophysics, utility mapping and engineering firm, Met Consultancy Group, is looking to recruit an enthusiastic GIS/Geospatial Technician for the above full-time position. We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate looking to further their career in the Survey/GIS industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to undertake GIS work as part of a small team. The role is mainly office based but with potential to work on projects throughout the UK. A large part of the job is standardising CAD based data into GIS compatible formats and quality controlling this. There is also processing of data using FME and uploading this to the GIS database and some data field collection may be required. The main software used is ArcGIS, the role involves creating and maintaining databases, producing maps, tables and reports for clients. There may also be a requirement for drawing utility, topographical and floor plan surveys in CAD.
The successful candidate will gain experience using:
- GPS, Total Stations and other data collection tools
- AutoCAD, ArcGIS and other programs
You will be expected to:
- Have excellent IT skills already
- Work as part of a team, including client representatives,
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Enrolment to Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme or other GIS related scheme, where appropriate,
- ICES or other relevant Institution/Professional membership fees paid,
- First Aid Training
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 GCE’s or equivalent including Maths, Sciences and English to level C or above, preferably with Science A’levels or equivalent. Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject.
- Can demonstrate ability to problem solve,
- Able to take direction/instructions, understand complex tasks and have a very high attention to detail,
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in GIS or survey.
- You will need to be UK resident or with the right to work/stay with relevant permits/visas to live and work in the UK with good written and spoken English.
- You will have a full UK or European driving licence.
How to apply.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in civil engineering, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities