Job Type: Trainee Engineer / Trainee Surveyor (no experience required), Permanent, Full Time (possibly some evening and weekend work)
Location: Leeds (UK wide Travel Required)
Salary: £18,000 (Negotiable Depending on Experience) + Fantastic Benefits + Training Opportunities and Career Progression.
Met Consultancy Group is a Leeds based company with over 35 years’ experience offering integrated survey, geophysics & engineering solutions. Their assessment, investigation and design service is delivered by a team of more than 60 qualified surveyors and engineers.
We are on the hunt for an enthusiastic individual, with Sciences related qualifications, who is keen to learn from some of the best in the business. No previous experience is necessary as long as you have a thirst for knowledge and want to progress in the field. This position will also offer the successful candidate the chance to develop skills in CAD and begin to build their portfolio for the future.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate looking to commence their career in the Survey/GIS industry.
About the Trainee Engineer / Trainee Surveyor Role:
The Trainee role is an exciting opportunity to progress through training and experience towards the following elements:
- Working within teams of 2 to 4 staff on various Survey or Geophysics related projects. Whilst most work is undertaken within the north of England, we do work on projects across the UK and therefore, travel and overnight stays are a regular occurrence.
- Using GNSS/GPS, Total Stations and Laser Scanners.
- Using radio frequency locators and ground penetrating radar.
- Assisting with and eventually undertaking 3D topographical surveys.
- Assisting in Utility Mapping Surveys.
- Working on Measured Building Surveys using various instruments and methods.
- Learning to prepare drawings using survey processing software and AutoCad/Revit.
- Understanding Safety and Risk Management to better work on varying sites.
About the successful candidate:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and Sciences to level 6 or above.
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in Geospatial Science.
- Good written and spoken English.
- A full clean, valid UK driving licence.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
You will be:
- Motivated to assist in the production of high quality, accurate data within tight timelines.
- Able to work within a team environment to assist the team but will also develop the knowledge and skills to be given responsibility to carry out surveys under supervision.
- Flexible with regard to working hours, e.g. railway surveys carried out at night or weekends.
- Expected to pay attention to and respect Health & Safety procedures, quality & environmental management systems.
Benefits of the role include:
- Enrolment to our Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme where appropriate.
- ICES membership sponsorship.
- Flexitime (overtime taken as pay or leave).
- In house training in software, hardware, survey techniques, Health & Safety with the opportunity to obtain qualifications in land surveying after an appropriate probation period and satisfactory performance.
- First Aid Training.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Child Care Voucher contributions.
- Basic Health Care Package.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Enrolment on an employee discounts and rewards scheme.
How to apply for the role:
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have an interest in civil engineering and/or surveying, why you would like this job and should be considered as an ideal candidate to email@example.com.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Surveyor, Land Surveyor, CAD, Digital Land Surveyor, Land Detailer, School leaver with Science Qualification, Terrain Reviewer, QS, Quantity Surveyor, Graduate Surveyor, School leaver with Maths Qualification, Graduate opportunities, School Leaver Opportunities, Trainee Opportunities Yorkshire, Trainee Utility Surveyor, Railway Trainee Surveyor.
Met Consultancy Group is a group of companies based in Leeds with a recognisable brand and very good reputation throughout the UK for providing quality surveys to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 for the group Integrated Management System (IMS) and are RISQS and SSiP certificated. We are also Gold-level members of Constructionline
Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.