Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
- Good written and spoken English is essential
- A full driving licence is essential
Met Consultancy Group’s engineering department requires a Graduate / Assistant Civil Engineer to support the team with a varied and continuing workload of highways and drainage projects. The role includes supporting senior engineers with designs, calculations, preparing and issuing technical drawings using AutoCAD and generating specifications for tender and project work.
The post holder will be the first point of contact for individual projects, attending design team meetings and managing day to day enquiries and developments.
Knowledge and experience required
The successful candidate will have an understanding of basic engineering design principles, and will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word, as well as AutoCAD design software. (Experience of using Civil 3D or Revit would also be beneficial).
You will have an understanding of flood risk and drainage design, preferably with experience of using WinDES Microdrainage/Infoworks.
The right candidate will also have proven experience in personal time management and meeting strict deadlines.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Generating design calculations suitable for building regulations, Water and Highway Authority approvals, in support of technical drawing work.
- Working up checked drawings in accordance with the checking Engineers requirements.
- Ensuring that all drawing work is provided to the assigning Engineer for checking in good time prior to the required issue date.
- Ensuring that work is issued with all appropriate documentation to the correct parties.
- Issuing drawings in accordance with the QA system
- Gathering on site information for the production of reports (Trial Pits/Appraisals/Levelling/Traffic etc.)
- Preparation of basic reports (appropriate to department requirements)
- Ensuring that, as the first point of contact for individual projects, senior staff are kept aware of any developments with the project.
- General administrative duties such as printing and binding of drawings and reports and correct filing of project work
- Such other comparable duties as may be expected by the Head of Department
Why work for Met:
- Workplace pension scheme
- First Aid and site specific Health & Safety training
- Full PPE provided
- Child Care voucher contributions
- Overtime pay
- Time in-lieu for evening and weekend work
- Work for high profile clients throughout the UK
- Company vehicles provided for travel to site
To apply, send your full CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the company
Met Consultancy Group comprises of Met Engineers Ltd and Met Geo Environmental Ltd. With over 40 years experience in the industry, we have a reputation for providing high quality survey, geophysics and engineering solutions to a range of end user clients. We have attained UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004 for the group integrated Environmental and Quality Management System (EQMS) and are Link-up v2 compliant and CHAS approved.
Met Consultancy Group companies are Equal Opportunities and Diversity Employers. Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. Selection criteria and procedures are kept under review to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.